Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Preliminary Finalist - CWA Contest...

Taking a moment to turn the spotlight on myself for a moment, I wanted to update everyone on my recent happenings. Since I applied and was accepted to film school, and since my degree will be in screenwriting, I decided to take a shot at some screenplay contests to see where I stood in my ability to write. I turned a screenplay titled "The Truth About James Torpor" into a couple different contests, one being the Creative World Awards (CWA). This past Monday, the CWA preliminary finalists were announced. My script was listed as a prelim finalist in the Short Film category. This is pretty exciting since it was a first draft of the script and, while I was hopeful, I really didn't expect much to come about from it. There are three more judging rounds before the winners are announced on September 12. The quarter finalists will be announced this coming Monday, August 22. I'll keep everyone updated on the results.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Derek! That is an exciting thing for you. Good luck with the rest of the rounds and with any other screenplay contests you enter.

    ReplyDelete