Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Three Men & A Baby

This movie came out in the late 80s and I had never seen it. I'd seen the sequel, Three Men and a Little Lady, but never this one. So, being that there was nothing new I wanted to see and intrigued by the idea of Leanord Nimoy as a director, I watched the film.
Honestly, I found the film to be quite entertaining and enjoyable to watch. You can't help but laugh at watching some of Hollywood's manly men (at least back then) deal with the daily routines and hardships of raising a baby, especially without a woman around to help. It's fun to watch blue-blooded Tom Selleck, high-spirited Steve Guttenberg, and cheerful Ted Danson attempt to apply their business-know-how to raising a child and then watch as they deal with the consequences.
I did think it odd how they tried to interweave two very separate storylines into one plot and it was almost too much for one movie. You have the "three men and a baby" plot set alongside a "three men caught in a drug smuggling plot"...plot. It was just weird mix. They did a good job overall in making it work, but it was still somewhat of a rough ride.

**Spoiler-Alert**
I just have to admit that the ending almost ruined the film for me. So a past fling drops her baby off at the apartment door with a note claiming that she just can't do it anymore. Then she returns near the end of the film and expects that she can just take the baby back as if nothing happened. And the the three men let her do it! After working so hard to take care of the baby, I would have called the mother out on her irresponsibility and shameful "knock-and-run" and then expected her to do a lot more to prove her love for the child and ability to properly care for it. But that's just me.
**Spoiler-Alert End**

Overall, this was an enjoyable film with a lot of humor and content. I recommend it. I also highly recommend the sequel, Three Men and a Little Lady. Hilarious!

P.S. - The image in this post is copyrighted by Buena Vista Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment