Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Princess and the Frog

First of all, I just have to say that I am glad that Disney is returning to its roots. The guy who said, "Hand animation is old-fashioned, let's toss out everything that we're good at and go to CG," was an idiot. I didn't see a single CG Disney film that wasn't made by Pixar that I liked. Now, whoever said, "Gee, we're no good at this CG thing, let's go back to what we were good at," was smart. Because this was one of the first animated Disney-minus-Pixar films that I have liked since Brother Bear. Now, even though I liked it, I still don't think it was up to the quality of previous Disney animated films. When I say that, don't think I'm referring to the quality of the animation, because the animation was excellent in this film; but I just didn't enjoy it as much and I didn't have that good ol' "love it" feeling afterward. But, I still liked the film a lot.
The villain in this one was certainly darker than any other Disney villain I've seen; not the coolest or most evil of the Disney villains, but certainly the darkest. They did a good job at adding to his creepiness with the way his shadow acted and certainly gave you that dark feeling when he did his voodoo stuff.
There were some really funny moments in the film and I think the voice acting and music were elemental in the success of this film. The lasting message of the film was inspiring and the movie was good fun for everyone. Thank you, Disney, for bringing the magic back from where it originally came from.

As far as questionable content:
Some of the scenes dealing in voodoo might be a bit scary for children. Just a head's up.

P.S. - The image in this post is copyrighted by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment